Stunning Precision With The Breakthrough 4D Focus
Stunning Precision With The Breakthrough 4D Focus Stunning Precision With The Breakthrough 4D Focus
Forget everything you knew about autofocus. With Sony's state-of-the-art 4D Focus, you'll be able to capture every moving subject with astonishing clarity like never before. The 4D Focus combines fast autofocus speed, wide coverage and steadfast tracking through a sophisticated AF algorithm. In this instance, the α5100 interchangeable lens camera comes equipped with remarkably fast AF performance at a mere 0.07 second and 179 wide-area focal plane phase-detection AF points, so you don't have to miss a perfect photo opportunity again. Experience a truly game-changing autofocus that never lets go of any moment worth capturing.
A Perfect Pairing For Sharp, Detailed Images
With three times the processing speed of earlier models, the new BIONZ X image processor reproduces textures and details in real life, and suppresses visual noise in specific areas to ensure sharp images. This results in realistic images with rich tonal gradations and a natural three-dimensional appearance. Together with the new 24.3MP APS HD CMOS sensor which improves light sensitivity, expect exceptionally low noise images throughout the entire range.
Perfectly Composed Selfies At Any Moment
Be camera ready from any angle with the convenient 180° tiltable LCD screen and touch shutter. Simply flip up the LCD screen and adjust the magnification with the zoom lever for easy self-shooting. Compose your selfies beautifully at any angle, wherever you are. Together with Soft Skin Effect which intelligently enhances skin tone, you'll always look picture perfect.
Full HD Resolution For Professional Results
Achieve film-like results with little effort with the α5100's Full HD movie shooting in high bit-rate XAVC S format. Enjoy not just crystal clear picture quality but superior sound recording as well. Its Fast Hybrid AF* provides extremely accurate focusing and smooth subject tracking, allowing precise shooting under any condition.
A Plethora Of Features In A Tiny Body
Enjoy smooth operation for any kind of shooting with a built-in flash feature and zoom lever for seamless magnification on your subjects - all the feature-rich convenience in the world's smallest interchangeable lens digital camera
Share Images With One Touch
NFC and Wifi and PlayMemories
Share photos and MP4 movies in an instant by simply touching the camera to your friend's Android smartphone or tablet. This remarkably convenient wireless feature is made possible by built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology that also works with pre-installed Smart Remote Control# to enable remote control of your camera from the smartphone or tablet.
Lock-on AF tracks moving subjects with precision and clarity by continuously adjusting target frame size based on various subject characteristics, dramatically increasing the in-focus rate.
Eye AF is extremely accurate for tracking moving subjects and focusing on the subjects' eyes, freeing you to concentrate on the content of the scene for a perfect portrait photo.
ISO Sensitivity: 100 - 25600
The extremely high ISO range lets you shoot natural, nuanced photos in dim light or indoors without a flash.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Auto HDR expands the dynamic range of your images from dark shadows to bright highlights to capture all the tonal gradations seen by your naked eye. It instantly shoots three exposures and composites the best details from each in the highlights, mid-tones and shadows to create a single image with an extremely wide dynamic range.
Peaking Function + MF Assist For Easy And Accurate Manual Focusing
MF Assist and Peaking enlarge screen images to make manual focusing easier. It helps to achieve focusing precision by detecting and highlighting the most in-focus area with a user-selected color.
A Wide Selection Of Interchangeable Lenses
Enhance your photographic enjoyment with our range of 54 interchangeable lenses, including a growing assortment of E-mount and A-mount options. Adding on an A-mount adaptor lets you use Sony α system A-mount lenses with your E-mount camera. Discover high-quality lenses to suit any shooting situation.
Accessorise Your Cameras
Make your photo adventures more enjoyable with an array of accessories - from tripods, microphone, flash, cases, straps, and more.
High-Speed Memory Cards
Sony's range of memory cards offers a wealth of entertainment possibilities and serves as a perfect companion for photographers. Transfer and share information or use it with Sony cameras, PSP, or Xperia smartphones or tablets.
- 24.3MP APS-C Exmor HD CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Gapless On-Chip Lens Design
- 3.0" 921.6k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video in XAVC S at 50Mbps
- Fast Hybrid AF & 179 Phase-Detect Points
- Up to 6 fps Shooting and ISO 25600
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Manual Focus Peaking and Zebra Function
- Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens
- The Sony E-mount affords compatibility with an extensive number of lenses and lens adapters.
- An advanced 1200-zone evaluative exposure metering sensor delivers consistent and accurate results using multi-segment, center-weighted, or spot metering modes.
- Auto Object Framing is an intelligent shooting mode that can automatically analyze the scene and subjects within it and determine an aesthetically pleasing composition. The subsequent imagery will be cropped according to subject matter, resulting in a well-balanced composition that utilizes Face Detection and Tracking Focus to ensure high image quality and sharpness.
- Clear Image Zoom can be used to magnify the center of scenes by 2x to effectively extend the reach of any focal length lens. This digital zoom technology uses an intelligent interpolation process to minimize the amount of image degradation in order to produce realistic, high-quality images.
- Picture Effect modes allow you to apply creative settings and emphasize certain facets of individual images for a richer, more aesthetic picture quality. Posterization (Color/B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), and Soft High-Key, Soft Focus (High/Mid/Low), HDR Painting (High/Mid/Low), Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature (Auto/Top/Middle(H)/Bottom/Right/Middle(V)/Left), Watercolor, and Illustration (High/Mid/Low) modes are available.
- Superior Auto mode is an intelligent automated setting that can quickly identify the current shooting environment and adjust crucial camera settings to deliver optimized results. This mode also utilizes Auto HDR and Hand-held Twilight modes, which employ image compositing techniques to better handle difficult lighting conditions.
- Anti-Motion Blur automatically corrects for subject movement in order to deliver clean, sharp imagery in low-light conditions. This is accomplished by recording six sequential frames and compositing portions of each image to ensure overall sharpness.
- Hand-held Twilight Mode automatically composites details from six sequentially-recorded images in order to attain higher overall image sharpness when working in low-light conditions.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) works to improve images featuring backlit subjects or scenes with high contrast where details can be lost in the shadows or highlights. This mode can be controlled automatically or fine-tuned using five settings.
- Creative Style settings provide control over how the camera processes images based on six different predetermined styles: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, and Sepia. Within these settings, contrast, saturation, and sharpness can also be adjusted depending on personal preference.
- A Soft Skin Effect helps to minimize the appearance of wrinkles or blemishes in portraits
- In-camera creation of 4K slide shows is possible for rich playback to ultra high definition televisions. An HDMI port is incorporated into the camera's design too, to enable direct connection to HDTVs.
- TRILUMINOS Color support is afforded by the a5100 to produce rich, natural colors when imagery is viewed on a TRILUMINOS Display.
- Convenient USB charging allows you to charge the included lithium-ion battery in-camera via USB connection from either an AC outlet or PC source.