Enjoy superior sound while easily steaming music with built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®& AirPlay®. With 7.2 channels & 165 watts of power, driven by the largest capacitors and transformer in its class, its legendary Sony sound that really connects. Featuring 4K resolution pass-through and upscaling, high-res audio compatibility, 10 HD inputs and support for 2 separate powered zones, this receiver is the ultimate high resolution sound stage for your music, Blu-ray movies, games and more.
7.2 Ch. of power.
Packing 165W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance (165W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD). Added amplifier functionality allows for configuration flexibility including: speakers A or B, speakers A and B, in addition to Bi-Amp.
Built for superb sound.
Employing construction and circuitry design cues from our ES line, it all begins with a rigid chassis based on the legendary frame and beam concept. To this structure, we then mount the various components: a high capacity power transformer, custom heat sink, and other specially designed and selected audio-grade components that add up to class-leading sound quality.
Easily connect to your devices with 8 High Definition inputs.
Flexible HD connectivity with 8 assignable inputs (6 HDMI®, 2 component). HDCP 2.2 compliant (1 in/1 out), this receiver also supports simple connectivity and full-playback of 4K Premium Content with maximum visual and multi-channel sound quality.1
Eliminate unnecessary cables. With ARC, TV audio signal can be sent back to your receiver through the same HDMI® cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV.
Access your music library.
Wirelessly connect to your home network and access music stored on: your computer, network storage device, smartphone, or built-in music services1,3
, such as AirPlay® and Spotify Connect. Also AirPlay® compatible, you can easily stream your music and music apps from your iPhone®/iPod® Touch, iPad® or iTunes®.
Stream from your favorite apps with Google Cast.
Google Cast for Audio lets you listen to your favorite music apps, online radio stations, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or PC on your AVR4
. With Google Cast for Audio, your phone, tablet, or PC is your remote control. Listening to music is as easy as the press of the cast icon. Search, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the apps you know and love4
Easily expand and control your music across multiple, compatible speakers in separate rooms with powerful multi-room capability and intuitive SongPAL Link app functionality8
Stream music from receiver to wireless headphones.
Stream your favorite music from the receiver directly to a pair of compatible Bluetooth headphones, a great solution when the rest of the house is asleep.
High-Resolution Audio playback.
Convenient DLNA (Wi-Fi®) and USB connectivity supports high bit rate 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC audio playback, and even DSD. Additional file formats supported include: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV192k, FLAC 192k, ALAC, AIFF and DSD (2.8MHz). Simply connect the compatible device to the receiver and enjoy2
. And with Sony proprietary D.L.L. (Digital Legato Linear) technology, you can enjoy your favorite digital audio files in high-quality brilliance.
Intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
Quickly and easily maximize your in-home theater experience via the newly improved Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration feature and supplied microphone. Using the intuitive, graphical user interface, you can easily adjust settings, change inputs, and confirm volume levels on-screen.
Turn your smartphone into a remote control.
Download the free SongPal app from iTunes® or the Google Play Store and use your iPhone® or Android devices with the SongPal app to control receiver functionality including volume and input selection8
Enhanced wireless listening.
LDAC, a new Sony audio technology, allows for high quality wireless Bluetooth audio streaming. With 3x the data transmission capability, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
Restored high frequency sound lost in audio compression.
DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
Preserved sound clarity.
Pure Direct mode preserves signal clarity and detail by switching off unnecessary signal processing circuitry to provide the cleanest possible signal path with minimized electronic interference.
Great sound in more than just the living room.
Easily expand your audio/video experience beyond the living room with flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control. Complete with dedicated 2nd zone HDMI®, IR repeater, and both amplified and line-level audio connectivity, all audio (including network services, BT connected devices and USB) and video sources connected to the STR-DN1060 can be independently controlled and output from the Main Zone to a second zone (bedroom or den).
Smartphone connectivity via MHL.
Directly connect your smartphone via an MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) certified HDMI® cable and let your favorite personal video clips, music, and more loose on the big screen complete with big sound. MHL also supports the charging of connected devices4
Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through.
Enjoy convenient access to all of your HDMI® connected devices without having to power on the receiver4
. When the mood calls for it, simply wake the receiver from Standby by depressing the play button.
Great sound quality at any volume.
Stop missing out on dynamic movie sound effects when you need to keep the volume at low levels. Sound Optimizer delivers optimized sound effect reproduction while maintaining the intended sound stage at high or low volume levels.
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod® or iPhone® while charging your device through the front USB input.14
Easily connect compatible, portable devices including: Android smartphones, iPod®/iPhones®, digital music players, and even USB thumb drives or hard drives.14
HD Digital Cinema Sound with front-high speakers.
Optimize your receiver settings to mimic movie theater sound characteristics. Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for improved effects positioning and added depth. Imagine as a helicopter descends from above and lands right in front of you youll hear the change in height as the effect unfolds on-screen.
Sony® Sound field technology.
Enjoy the moving experience of your favorite live performances performed in your living room when you embrace legendary Sony® engineering expertise.
BRAVIA® Sync Capable (HDMI® CEC).
Conveniently operate and control select Sony® BRAVIA® Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA® HDTVs, Sony home theater products16
Seamless IP Integration.
With help from your authorized dealer/installer a Sony AV receiver can be easily integrated into a home automation network to provide multi-zone audio, while working alongside lighting, shade, and security systems, appliances and almost anything else you can imagine. Capable of supporting Control4® and AMX Beacon systems, The STR-DN1060 also features a 12-volt trigger and IR (in/out), for added installation flexibility.4
Upscale everything you watch to 4K quality.
The STR-DN1060 allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality.6
Watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p compatible HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation® gaming console via HDMI® cable12
- 7.2 Ch. 1155W A/V Receiver (165 W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%)
- Exceptional circuitry and structure yield incredible audio performance
- 6-in/2-out4 HDMI® flexibility with HDCP 2.2 support (1-in/1-out)1
- Dual-band Wi-Fi® for Airplay®, DLNA, and Google Cast for Audio1
- Google Cast for Audio5 for easy streaming of your favorite music apps
- Expand your listening with powerful multi-room capability with SongPAL Link8
- Stream music from receiver to compatible Bluetooth headphones3
- Supports Hi-Res audio (incl. DSD) playback via LAN, HDMI®, and USB2
- Enhanced setup and usability via rich GUI and streamlined remote
- Turn your smartphone into a remote control with free SongPal app
- LDAC for an optimized Bluetooth® audio streaming experience
- DSEE HX upscales USB, Home Network, and streaming audio to near Hi-Res quality
- Pure Direct audio mode for a noise-free, audio signal path
- Flexible 2nd and 3rd Zones with HDMI®, variable Line, and Speaker outputs5
- Connect your smartphone via HDMI with Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)
- Standby Audio/Video pass-through for HDMI® connected devices
- Enjoy rich, dynamic sound at any volume level with Sound Optimizer
- Instantly play music from mobile device with Wake from standby
- HD Digital Cinema Sound with Front-High speaker output
- Experience memorable performances with Sony Sound Field Technology
- One touch power, play, and system control w/ BRAVIA® Sync16
- Dedicated LAN input for Custom Install Services IP Control support
- Supports 4K upscaling6 and pass-through with support for 60p, 4K content7
- Share personal audio/video content on the big-screen via Miracast
- HDMI® out w/ 24p12, Deep Color, and TRILUMINOS Color pass through support7
- Front USB 2.0 input device charging and playback14
- Advanced Digital Cinema Audio Calibration for quick Set-Up
- Dolby® TrueHD, Pro logic II, IIx and dts® HD Enhanced Audio Codecs1
- Dual IR repeaters (1-in, 1-out) for external device control4
- Enjoy personal, 4K smartphone content via MHL 3.0 connectivity (x2)4
- Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). (broadband)
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary. (BT)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately. (HDMI-24P)
- Cable sold separately.
- 4k upscaling requires a 4K projector or 4K TV. (4K)
- Requires capable HDTV, capable video source, and HDMI® cable sold sep. When playing copyright protected content from Sony 4K server, it is necessary to use a separate HDMI audio out from server to receiver for surround sound support. (HDMI-4K upconvert)
- Compatible with the following Apple devices: iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod touch® 3rd, 4th, & 5th generation, iPod classic®, iPod nano® 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th generation, iPod® 4th& 5th generation & iPod mini and iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4G, 5, 5S and 5C models.
- Application must be downloaded from the iTunes® application store or Google Play store. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network. Subject to app terms and conditions. (SongPAL)
- Requires HDTV and HDMI® cable sold separately. (ARC)
- Requires 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D glasses and HDMI® cable (at least 10.2 Gbps). (3D)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately. (HDMI-24P)
- Requires content stored on a DLNA® compliant PC or server. (DLNA)
- Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete details. (USB)
- Requires HDMI® cable and LPCM capable receiver. (CODECs)
- Syncs with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync products. (Bravia Sync)
What's in the Box:
- Remote Control (1)
- R03 (Size AAA batteries) (2)
- Optimizer Microphone (1)
- FM Wire Antenna (1)
- Quick Start Guide (1)
- Reference Guide (1)
- Software Update Guide (1)