Description of Kicker 40KXM8005:
Kicker expertise in a marine amp
The key to building a great marine amp is building a great amp, period. When Kicker designed their KXM marine line, they used the company's popular Kicker KX car amps as a starting point. Kicker KXM amps combine first-rate technology with water-resistant, protective hardware outside, so they're ready for life on the water.
Delivers dependable power to your whole system with style
Kicker designed the KXM800.5 amplifier to run your boat's entire system, powering four speakers with 50 watts RMS each while driving a sub with up to 400 watts RMS. This reliable and compact KXM Series 5-channel amp stays cool even when pushed hard, thanks to its high-mass heatsink, high-tech internal components, and full-range Class-D amp technology. Not worried about rear speakers? You could also use this amp in 3-channel mode to send 200 watts RMS each to some high-performance components up front, and still run your sub with 400 watts.
Made for marine use
No matter how snug the installation space, a marine amp has to be tough enough to stand up to the marine environment. The KXM800.5 features a conformal coated circuit board for improved water and dust resistance, plus corrosion-resistant power connections, a gasket-sealed front cover, and stainless steel mounting hardware that won't rust all over your boat's gel coat or carpeting. The all-weather protection even extends to the UV-protected heatsink finish.
Connects to virtually any system
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT) rejects noise and stops any interference generated by your boat's electronics, so you'll hear your music clearly. The amp's RCA inputs accept speaker-level or line-level signals, so you can connect this amp to almost any stereo. Kicker even thought to build in a 3-second turn-on delay, eliminating annoying (and potentially damaging) turn-on pops.
Folding door protects controls from water
The gasket-sealed front cover screws tight to seal out water, but opens easily for access your amp's controls. You can tune for almost any kind of speaker, as the steeply-sloped high- and low-pass filters offer a wide range of adjustment. The filter section for the rear channels can be set up for bandpass operation where both the high- and low-pass filters are engaged to allow only the frequencies between them to play for optimizing the signal for midbass drivers or other component speakers. The subwoofer channel includes a bass boost for adding some kick to your music, along with a subsonic filter that eliminates the extra-low, inaudible frequencies that waste your sub's energy.
- 5-channel marine amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable high- and low-pass filters (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on front channels
- variable high-pass (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave), low-pass (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave), and bandpass (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave) filters on rear channels
- variable low-pass (40-160 Hz, 24 dB/octave) and subsonic (10-80 Hz, 24 dB/octave) filters on subwoofer channel
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz) on subwoofer channel
- front-mounted controls protected behind fold-down, gasket-sealed cover
- blue light-pipe illumination matches Kicker's illuminated marine speakers
- wired remote bass level included
- Class D amp technology
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminates noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amplifiers in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the
- distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- 12-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-5/16"D