Take your home entertainment up a level with the STRDN1070. 4K and HDR-compatible HDMI inputs/output support the latest video standards, including HDCP 2.2 content protection for 4K content from broadcast, the Internet1,2
and UHD Blu-ray Discs.4
High-Resolution Audio delivers immersive sound, while Wireless Multi-room1
and Front Surround let you flexibly create your audio environment.
Amazing Hi-Res Audio quality
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you. Supports high bit rate 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC audio playback, and even DSD. Additional file formats supported include: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV192k, FLAC 192k, ALAC, AIFF and DSD (2.8MHz) Simply connect the compatible device to the receiver and enjoy2
7.2 Ch. Of Power
165W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance Added amplifier functionality allows for configuration flexibility including: speakers A or B, speakers A and B, in addition to Bi-Amp.
Built for sound
Employing construction and circuitry design cues from our ES line, it all begins with a rigid chassis based on the legendary frame and beam concept. To this structure, we then mount the various components: a high capacity power transformer, custom heat sink, and other specially designed and selected audio-grade components that add up to class-leading sound quality.
4K HDR compatibility
Supporting 4K 60p 4:4:4, the receivers a great partner for latest TVs that can display the extended color palette. You can also get the best out of content mastered in HDR (High Dynamic Range) for truly spectacular contrast and tonal range. The STR-DN1070 allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality.6,4
More Flexible Speaker Solution
Compatible with wireless surround1
, front surround, and, of course, 7.2ch real surround. Choose your preferred surround audio mode to flexibly suit the room environment.
Easily expand and control your music across multiple, compatible speakers in separate rooms with powerful multi-room capability and intuitive SongPAL Link app functionality.3,1,7
8 High Definition inputs for system flexibility14
Flexible HD connectivity with 8 assignable inputs (6 HDMI®, 2 component). HDCP 2.2 compliant this ES receiver also supports simple connectivity and full-playback of 4K Premium Content with maximum visual and multi-channel sound quality.1,4
Eliminate unnecessary cables. With ARC, TV audio signal can be sent back to your receiver through the same HDMI® cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV6,4
Dual-band (2.5/5 GHz)Wi-Fi®1
Wirelessly connect to your home network and access music stored on: your computer, network storage device, smartphone, or built-in music services1,3
. Also AirPlay® compatible, you can easily stream your music and music apps from your iPhone®/iPod® Touch, iPad® or iTunes®.7
Stream music two ways
Stream audio and control your Bluetooth® experience with compatible music devices, smartphones or tablets3,4
. You can now listen to program audio using compatible Bluetooth headphones. Perfect for late night, you can enjoy a quality audio experience without disturbing the peace.3
Advanced on-screen graphical user interface Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration - Quick Speaker Set Up
Easily set-up and control the A/V receiver via intuitive on-screen graphical user interface. Change inputs, adjust settings, and confirm volume levels on-screen. Quickly and easily maximize your in-home theater experience via the newly improved Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration feature. During setup, place the included microphone where you will be seated and wait as the settings are automatically optimized based on the distance and placement of your speakers.
Google Cast for Audio
Google Cast for Audio lets you cast your favorite music apps, online radio stations, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or PC to your receiver.7
With Google Cast for Audio, your phone, tablet, or PC is your remote control. Enjoying your favorite music on your speakers is as easy as the press of the cast button. Search and browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the apps you know and love5,3,7
Flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control
Easily expand your audio/video experience beyond the living room with flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control. Complete with dedicated 2nd zone HDMI®, IR repeater, and both amplified and line-level audio connectivity, all audio (including network services, BT connected devices and USB) and video sources connected to the STR-DN1070 can be independently controlled and output from the Main Zone to a second zone (bedroom or den).
Control with your iPhone® or Android devices with free Apps3
Download the free SongPal and Network Audio Remote apps from iTunes® or the Google Play Store and use your iPhone® or Android devices with the SongPal app to control receiver functionality including volume and input selection7,8,3
Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through
Enjoy convenient access to all of your HDMI® connected devices without having to power on the receiver4
. When the mood calls for it, simply wake the receiver from Standby by depressing the play button.
Stop missing out on dynamic movie sound effects when you need to keep the volume at low levels. Sound Optimizer delivers optimized sound effect reproduction while maintaining the intended sound stage at high or low volume levels.
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod® or iPhone® while charging your device through the front USB input.14,7,12
Easily connect compatible, portable devices including: AndroidTM smartphones, iPod®/iPhones®, digital music players, and even USB thumb drives or hard drives.13,7,12
Sony® Sound field technology
Enjoy the moving experience of your favorite live performances performed in your living room when you embrace legendary Sony® engineering expertise.
BRAVIA® Sync Capable (HDMI® CEC)
Conveniently operate and control select Sony® BRAVIA® Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA® HDTVs, Sony home theater products 15,4
Seamless IP Integration
With help from your authorized dealer/installer a Sony AV receiver can be easily integrated into a home automation network to provide multi-zone audio, while working alongside lighting, shade, and security systems, appliances and almost anything else you can imagine. Capable of supporting Control4
® and AMX Beacon systems, The STR-DN1070 also features a 12-volt trigger and IR (in/out), for added installation flexibility.4
- Experience amazing sound with Hi-Res Audio in a powerful, easy-to-use receiver.
- 7.2 Ch. 1155W A/V Receiver (165 W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%)
- Exceptional circuitry and structure yield incredible audio performance
- 4K HDR compatibility4
- Compatible with wireless surround1, front surround
- Expand your listening with powerful multi-room1
- 6-in/2-out4 HDMI® flexibility with HDCP 2.2 support (1-in/1-out)1,4
- Dual-band Wi-Fi® for Airplay®, DLNA, and Google Cast for Audio1,7
- Stream audio via Bluetooth and control your experience with your phone or tablet3,7,8
- Enhanced setup and usability via rich GUI and streamlined remote
- Google Cast for Audio
- Flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control
- Control with your iPhone® or Android devices with free Apps3,7,8
- Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through
- Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). (broadband)
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary. (BT)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately. (HDMI-24P)
- Cable sold separately.
- 4k upscaling requires a 4K projector or 4K TV. (4K)
- Compatible with the following Apple devices: iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod touch® 3rd, 4th, & 5th generation, iPod classic®, iPod nano® 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th generation, iPod® 4th& 5th generation & iPod mini and iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4G, 5, 5S and 5C models.
- Application must be downloaded from the iTunes® application store or Google Play store. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network. Subject to app terms and conditions. (SongPAL)
- Requires HDTV and HDMI® cable sold separately. (ARC)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately. (HDMI-24P)
- Requires content stored on a DLNA® compliant PC or server. (DLNA)
- Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete details. (USB)
- Requires HDMI® cable and LPCM capable receiver. (CODECs)
- Syncs with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync products. (Bravia Sync)
What's in the Box:
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Help Guide