Description of Onkyo TX8160:
Realistic & Clean Audio
High current enables masterful control of the speakers for extremely accurate and dynamic sound. It's the cornerstone of our Wide Range Amplification Technology system, and it creates an uncommonly well-focused and realistic audio image.
The TX-8160 delivers superb stereo power at 80 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz−20 kHz, 0.1%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) 110 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 1 Channel Driven, FTC).
Bluetooth / Wi-Fi® with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
The TX-8160 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built in. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices to internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet. Or pair up and enjoy whatever's playing on your Bluetooth-compatible device for huge cinematic sound.
It also comes loaded with Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker and TuneIn. You can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. You'll never be short of your favorite music to enjoy.
Great Sound From Any Format
An Asahi Kasei AK4452 digital-to-analog converter unlocks the full potential of any audio format with its unique low-distortion sound-enhancing filtering technologies.
Quick Access Presets
Get instant access to four of your favorite FM/AM or internet radio stations at the touch of a button. Four preset buttons on the faceplate go straight to the stations. You can even wake up the receiver from standby mode by pressing one of these buttons for instant radio.
An additional DAC and Zone 2 pre-outs send any audio (even streamed audio) to a second room equipped with a power amp and a pair of speakers, perhaps on the deck or in the garage. Play the same source in both rooms or a different source in Zone 2.
Hi-Res Clarity & Detail
The TX-8160 is engineered for universal Hi-Res compatibility and ease of use. Use the remote app to select your 192/24 or 5.6 MHz DSD files on PC or NAS and bask in the clarity and detail of high-resolution music.
Rediscover the Magic of Vinyl
Hi-current amplification brings out the best in your vinyl records. Just connect your turntable to the phono input. The TX-8160 will faithfully reproduce vinyl's authentic stereo sound.
- 80 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- high-current amplifier design with large power transformer
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM Internet radio, and free Internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify® Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- DLNA-certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled audio equipment
- plays high-resolution digital music files from a USB storage device or networked computer
- PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
- Onkyo's free remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 4 front-panel preset buttons let you store your favorite AM/FM or Internet radio stations for easy access
- 4 digital audio inputs (2 optical and 2 coaxial)
- 7 analog audio inputs (including MM phono for a turntable)
- analog audio outputs include:
- stereo RCA output for Zone 2 amp and speakers
- 1 mono RCA output for powered subwoofer
- binding post speaker connectors
- 1/4" headphone jack
- sleep timer
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 12-15/16"D
- weight: 18.3 lbs.