Open your eyes to 4K.
Upgrade to the stunning clarity and detail of 4K. Android TV2, 3
opens a world of entertainment and connectivity,1
and Motionflow XR keeps the action on screen moving as clear as real life. Everything is upscaled to impressive 4K Ultra HD, while optimized colors and enhanced contrast take picture quality to the next level.
The world of 4K in front of you
Take your viewing into an exciting new era. 4K images contain over 8 million individual pixels thats four times more detail than Full HD. Immerse yourself in 4K movies and dramas from a huge choice of 4K content today. And since this new Sony 4K Ultra HD TV is also compatible with future 4K standards, you are ready for any new changes too.
Enjoy HDR video
High Dynamic Range (HDR) will change the way you look at TV. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution1
, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is the most lifelike picture TVs have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail (update required for HDR compatibility).
Motionflow keeps the action smooth
TV that keeps up with real life. Sonys refresh rate technology (Motionflow XR 960 (native 120Hz)) builds upon the native 120Hz panel to allow fast moving action sequences in sports and movies to be seen with lifelike clarity.
Every scene looks more realistic.
Discover a thrilling world of extraordinary clarity. Every single pixel is enhanced beautifully by our most powerful 4K picture processing technology ever. Individual parts of each scene are analyzed and matched with a special image database that independently addresses texture, contrast, color, and edges. The difference is clear with supremely lifelike detail, no matter what you're watching.
Thanks to Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, experience more life, more texture and more energy in every scene with brighter highlights, deeper blacks, and more natural tonal gradation.
Every color, enhanced
Precision Color Mapping independently analyzes every scene and pixel so the perfect shade and tone are applied dynamically for rich, natural colors.
A world of possibilities
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, faster than ever. From movies and TV shows to thousands of apps, Sonys Android TV brings you everything in an instant2, 3
Just say what you want
Spend less time browsing, and more time watching.Using a compatible smartphone or optional Voice Remote, Voice search on Android TV provides you with the power of Google search, allowing you to find content across different services without the hassle of time-consuming text entry2, 3
Send to a bigger, better screen with Google Cast
Send movies and music from your smartphone to your TV with Google Cast. Use your phone as a remote control2, 3
Smart home automation
Beyond streaming content, Sonys Android TV platform allows Home Automation control directly from the TV, via the Logitech Harmony Hub. IoT (internet of things) devices such as lights, thermostats, Blu-ray players, security cameras other home entertainment devices can be controlled and automated via the push of a button on the TVs remote.
Your favorite apps, on your TV
Enjoy a huge range of apps from Google Play, including YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, Pandora and more. Also, play your favorite Android games on the big screen2, 3
Find everything fast
The unobtrusive content bar quickly lets you find the movie, TV show or video youre looking for. Call up the Content bar and you can keep watching, while you scan through live TV, videos on demand, downloaded TV shows and much more2
. You can even customize the content bar to show you the content you go to most often first.
Stream PlayStation® games straight to your TV
Play selected PlayStation® 3 games directly through your TV no console required. PlayStation Now brings streaming technology to the immersive world of PlayStation® gaming. Just pair a DUALSHOCKې controller with the TV and youre ready to play with the same speed and responsiveness as a console.
- Immerse yourself in the world of 4K1.
- Enjoy HDR video.
- Lifelike motion with Motionflow XR technology
- HD is upscaled to impressive 4K Ultra HD1
- Dramatic brightness and black levels
- Optimized colors with Precision Color Mapping
- Android TV with Google Cast, voice search & Play Store apps2, 3
- Send entertainment from your smartphone to you TV with Google Cast2, 3
- Enjoy thousands of apps from Google Play2, 3
- Home automation controlled directly from your TV
- 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this Product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
- Requires compatible devices connected to the same network. Google Cast requires mobile devices with Android 2.3 or higher, or iOS 6.0 or higher and Chromecast application. Google Play using Android TV Remote Control application requires Android 4.0 or higher; not available for iOS. Voice Search is available using an optional Voice Remote (not included), Android TV Remote Control application with Android 4.0 or higher, or using Sonys TV SideView application available for Android 4.0.3 or higher or iOS 7.0 or higher.
- Logitech Harmony Hub sold separately. Requires all compatible devices connected to the same network. Refer to Logitech for details on compatible devices. Compatible IP cameras require direct connection to the TV via Wi-Fi.
- Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- Requires compatible smartphone or optional Voice Remote (not included).
- Requires HDR compatible content from supporting streaming services, such as Amazon Video, Netflix or Ultra. Update required for HDR compatibility available December 31, 2016. Internet connection required.
What's in the Box:
- AC Power Cord
- Analog Extension Cable
- Batteries (R03)
- IR Blaster (1-849-161-11)
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Remote Control (RMT-TX200U)
- Table Top Stand (Separate [assembly required])