The Sony HDR-PJ670 HD Handycam with Built-In Projector and 32GB Internal Memory features an Exmor R CMOS sensor and a wide-angle Sony G zoom lens with 30x optical zoom. The PJ670 captures Full HD 1920x1080 video at 60p and 9.2MP still images to its 32GB of internal memory or to optional media cards. The camera integrates a small 25-lumen projector in the LCD viewscreen door that allows you to project your footage on a screen instead of having to connect your camera to a monitor to show your footage. The camera's Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for increased sensitivity in low light situations and the Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization delivers smooth video. Users can monitor and playback footage via the 3.0" LCD display with 460K dot resolution.
The camera records using XAVC S codec at up to 50 Mb/s recording at 24, 25, 30, 50, and 60 fps. It features dual recording, which lets you simultaneously capture both high-quality AVCHD and web-optimized MP4 files. The camera features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC capability and Sony's Multi Camera Control takes advantage of the camera's Wi-Fi capability to allow you to simultaneously control start and stop functions on optional cameras from your camera. A built-in USB 2.0 cable provides a connection to your computer for charging or file transfer and fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it's out of the way until you need it.
1080/60p and 9.2MP Still Images
Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and take high quality 9.2MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.
Wide Angle Sony G Lens
The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm at the wide end of the focal range. Shoot distant subjects with a 30x optical zoom. Clear Image Zoom doubles the optical zoom range, and the camera also offers a digital zoom that allows you to zoom in up to 350x.
Allows you to view your footage on "the big screen" without having to tote around a large monitor to view your footage on. This is great for non-critical viewing, when you are sharing your video with a group of people.
3.0" LCD Display
The 3.0" (16:9) touchscreen LCD features 460K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
Balanced Optical Steady Shot
Balanced Optical SteadyShot mounts the lens and image sensor together as one optical block floating inside the camera body. As the camera is moved, the entire optical block moves as one unit, maintaining the integrity of the optical path and improving shake reduction. Another benefit of this image stabilization system is that it also reduces vignetting (light falloff towards the edges of the frame) and lowers distortion in videos and still photos. Color EVF
AVCHD and MP4 Dual Recording
Record video in the AVCHD and MP4 formats for high-quality or easy transfer and sharing. For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
Multi Camera Control
This feature works through Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to simultaneously start/stop connected cameras from your camera. You can also trigger shutter release for still photos and control zoom on the other cameras as well. This works with optional Wi-Fi enabled cameras that are compatible with Multi Camera Control.
Cinema Tone Camera Presets
CinemaTone technology is used to deepen the color and recreate film-like color tones. Combined with 24p recording, you can expand your shooting into a more cinematic direction.
Built-In USB 2.0 Cable
The built-in high-speed USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer, without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it's out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time, you get one minute of recording time.
Accessory Multi-Interface Shoe
Sony's Multi-Interface shoe is specifically designed to offer a common interface across all of Sony's Digital Imaging products. Quickly and easily attach a vast array of accessories compatible with this interface, including optional video lights or microphones.
- 1920x1080 Full HD 24p/60p w/9.2MP Exmor R® C MOS Sensor
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Project ~100" videos w/ 25lm built-in projector via HDMI®
- Wireless control, transfer, data backup via NFC/Wi-Fi®
- Up to 8 hours of recording with 32GB embedded Flash Memory
- 3.0" Clear Photo Plus LCD display (460K) touch screen
- Video Resolution : HD:1920x1080/60p (PS), 24p (FX,FH), 60i (FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i (HQ,LP); MP4: 1280x720 30p XAVC S HD: 1920x1080/60p, 30p, 24p
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator; Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator; MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch; MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit)
- Video Mode : HD: MPEG4-AVC / H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format.compatible; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; XAVC S format MPEG4-AVC/H264
- Still Image Size 16:9 : Movie Mode: L: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080); Photo Mode: L: 9.2 megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
Still Image Mode : JPEG
- Media Type : Internal Flash Memory; XAVC S HD: Micro SDXC Memory Card (Class10 or Higher); AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 9.2 megapixels
- Still Image Size 4:3 : Photo Mode: L: 6.9 megapixels 4:3 (3024x2272); S: 0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- Video Actual (Pixel) : Approx. 2290K pixels (16:9)
- Recording and Playback Times (in Internal Media)(5.1ch) : AVCHD PS: Approx. 2h30m (approx. 2h30m) AVCHD FX: Approx. 2h35m (approx. 2h35m) AVCHD FH: Approx. 3h25m (approx. 3h25m) AVCHD HQ: Approx. 5h25m (approx. 4h20m) AVCHD LP: Approx. 7h40m (approx. 6h55m)
- Recording and Playback Times (in Internal Media)(2ch) : AVCHD PS: Approx. 2h35m (approx. 2h35m) AVCHD FX: Approx. 2h35m (approx. 2h35m) AVCHD FH: Approx. 3h25m (approx. 3h25m) AVCHD HQ: Approx. 5h25m (approx. 4h25m) AVCHD LP: Approx. 7h55m (approx. 7h5m) XAVC S HD: Approx. 1h10m (approx. 1h10m)
- Video Signal : HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in Zoom Microphone / Monaural Speaker
- Photo Capture from Movie : 2.1 megapixels 16:9 (1920)
- Dual Record : L: 9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272) S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Internal Media : Flash Memory 32GB
- Mic Level Control : Yes (31 steps)
- Still Image File Format : DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Wind Noise Reduction : Yes (On/off)
- Dual Video Recording : Yes