Description of Kenwood DPX301:
A 4" tall jukebox
Kenwood's DPX301U receiver gives you lots of ways to listen to your music, while big, user-friendly controls make it easy to run the show. It offers wired connectivity for your iPhone® or Android, as well as ways to get your favorite digital, over-the-air, and satellite radio music while you cruise. The taller chassis enables a direct fit in most vehicles with 4" dash openings, and its variable color display lets you pick the look you want in your dash.
How do you like your music?
The receiver's front-panel USB port allows you to access and control the music stored on your iPhone or Android phone. iPhone users, you can also access and control your iHeartRadio® and Pandora® stations with the Kenwood's controls. With the USB port's AOA (Android Open Accessory) 2.0 capability, Android owners can load up the Kenwood Music Play app and control the phone's stored music directly from the receiver's controls.
The USB can handle MP3, WMA, or WAV music files on a thumb drive too. The Drive Change feature allows you to connect a memory card reader or USB hub to this Kenwood's USB input and select music from up to five memory cards or USB flash drives.
You can also add a SiriusXM tuner to access the impressive selection of sports, talk, news, and commercial-free music offered on satellite radio. You can also pop in a CD, get your local radio fix using the DPX301U's sensitive AM/FM tuner, or plug a portable audio player into the front aux input for more fodder for your mobile jukebox.
More cool stuff
Once you've got your music selected, you can use the DPX301U's 3-band equalizer and EQ presets to get that sweet sound you want. You can also use the two sets of preamp outputs to expand your system with an additional amp or powered subwoofer. And the included wireless remote means your passengers can control the entertainment while you worry about the driving.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- 13-digit variable-color display
- wireless remote control
- built-in Android AOA 2.0 control and charging of select Android devices (Android version 4.1 and higher) using the USB connection
- supports Android music playback using the Kenwood Music Play app
- Pandora and iHeartRadio control with iPhone
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 8 preset EQ curves
- low-pass filter (sub preamp output)
- Bass Boost and loudness controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- Music Drive lets you select audio from multiple flash drives or memory cards in a connected USB hub or memory card reader
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear/sub)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RC-406)
- CR2025 3V lithium-battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Removal tools
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card