Finally, true 7.1 surround. In a Sound Bar.
Designed with award-winning Hollywood sound engineers, this 380-watt system1
redefines what a Sound Bar can be, delivering immersive 7.1 channel surround sound from 7 discrete, digital amplifiers and 9 speakers. Enjoy full-range, Dolby® TrueHD sound2
with the plug-and play simplicity of 3 HDMI® inputs, plus Bluetooth® audio for one-touch audio streaming from compatible mobile devices.3
A 7.1 channel Sound Bar for movies, music, and now streaming content
Kick your multimedia experience up a few notches with powerful and enveloping fidelity that will make your movies and music really come alive. The ST5 delivers a perfect listening experience with 9 speaker drivers, front and center, all powered by 7-discrete digital amplifiers-380W total power.1
Whether connecting your set top box, Blu-ray Disc player, TV or even mobile device to this Sound Bar, the ST5 has you covered. With 3 HDMI®, 3 additional, digital inputs and even an analog input, connecting multiple devices is a snap.4
With ARC functionality, the ST5 really stands apart from the others. One simple HDMI® connection to your TV allows for both audio/video and control signals. Quite simply, once connected, you can control and enjoy the Sound Bar using just the TV remote.2
Easy installation and setup
Connect the ST5 Sound Bar to any TV in minutes with just one HDMI® cable-No receiver required. Its an instant home theater upgrade with little effort.2
Via the key-hole wall mounting system, the ST5 can be easily mounted on any wall without the need for separate brackets or hardware. In addition, it can also sit conveniently on top of a TV stand or tabletop.
IR Repeater Pass-thru
Placement of the Sound Bar on a TV stand or tabletop can sometimes block the TV remote control sensor, resulting in poor remote performance. Via IR Repeater pass-thru functionality, consider this problem solved. When activated, this feature magically repeats the remote control signal to the TV behind it.
Additional optical & analog inputs
Conveniently connect legacy digital components using the optical input. You can also use the standard 1/8 stereo auxiliary input on the rear panel for simple analog devices.2
One-Touch audio streaming
The easiest and fastest way to start streaming music from your NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled device to your home theater system. Via NFC and Bluetooth®, connect and wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device by touching them together.3
Maximize your music
Built-in AAC and aptX® codec support avoids signal quality loss when streaming music wirelessly.3
Bluetooth® stand-by mode
When connecting a Bluetooth® enabled mobile device with the ST5 Sound Bar, the ST5 will automatically turn-on and begin streaming music from the device, without any additional steps or having to turn on additional components.3
Lossless High-Definition (HD) audio format support
Built with some of the best signal processing, the ST5 supports playback of several lossless formats for a sound experience par excellence. Experience movies just as the directors intended with Dolby® TrueHD and dts® HD Master Audio code support.4
The included, wireless, front-firing subwoofer delivers seamless, bold low-frequency sound from almost anywhere in the room.
Bluetooth® stand-by mode
When a Bluetooth® enabled mobile device attempts to connect with the ST7 Sound Bar, the ST7 will automatically turn-on and start to stream music from your mobile device, without any additional steps or having to turn on additional components.
Dolby® Digital Plus
Enjoy great mobile content with fewer hiccups with Dolby® Digital Plus. Based on proven Dolby Digital technologies, Dolby Digital Plus is the emerging standard for mobile entertainment for even better sound quality.4
S-Force® Front Surround
Experience room filling cinematic surround sound with Sonys S-Force® Front Surround sound technology without the need for multiple speakers in the room.
SongPal App system control5
Available for free for both Android and compatible iOs devices.6
The SongPal app lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a convenient system remote. It can even access, select, and playback the music files stored on your compatible device.5
Working with award winning sound Sony Pictures Entertainment engineers, the ST5 delivers powerful and immersive sound staging without the need for bulky systems or multiple speakers. Experience impactful cinematic surround sound with Wave-Front Control Technology.
- High definition Sound Bar with wireless subwoofer
- 380W of digital power delivers immersive 7.1 channel surround sound1
- Easy set up with 3 HDMI® inputs/1 output w/ARC for compatible devices2
- Stream music wirelessly w/Bluetooth® & NFC connections3
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD & dts®-HD Master Audio formats4
- S-Force® technology delivers simulated surround sound
- IR Repeater Pass-thru for control of blocked devices
- Expanded connectivity via optical input x 2: plus an analog audio input
- Easily wall mount or place in front of your TV
- Navigate content & control w/the SongPal mobile app5
- Sound-tuned by award-winning engineers for cinematic sound
- System wattage measured at 8 ohms for front Left, Right, and Center channels at 1kHz with less than 1% THD, measured from 200 and 20,000Hz.
- Requires cable(s); sold separately.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth devices vary, requires NFC-enabled and/or Bluetooth enabled device. Check devices user manual for compatibility.
- Requires HDMI cable (sold separately) High Resolution media with capable source device.
- Requires download of SongPal app for iPhone from the App Store or for Android from Google Play. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Subject to app terms and conditions.
- Compatible with iPod touch (4th 5th generations) and iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C and 5S.