Description of Polk Audio TSX440 / TSx440T:
Take a stand for bold audio
Three high performance bi-laminate drivers tuned with our Dynamic Balance technology reveal the length and breadth of your favorite music or movie audio. A superior state-of-the-art silk/polymer dome tweeter keeps highs detailed and clear, with no listening fatigue, even at lifelike volume levels. Combined in a non-resonant enclosure (that looks like a million bucks) with a critically tuned flared bass venting port system, for astonishingly well-blended deep bass effects, and you have a floorstanding loudspeaker that pairs audiophile performance, good looks, and reasonable price. A Polk classic!
- TSx Series bi-laminate driver cones, tuned perfectly with our Dynamic Balance® process, produce smooth, natural sound. They are lightweight, but super stiff, with exceptional damping, for high efficiency and low distortion.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk/polymer dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume, and reveal more realistic vocal reproduction.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to a 3-inch critically tuned flared port, which minimizes port noise ("chuffing") and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker's overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- The high efficiency design of the TSx Series works well with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver, delivering a performance that's spacious and clear, natural and realistic.
- Our high performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components (like mylar bypass capacitors, which reveal extended high frequency details); these are usually found only on much more expensive loudspeakers.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
- Unique new curved enclosure design in non-resonant MDF creates a rigid, acoustically inert space, with non-parallel curved side panels that effectively reduce audible coloration.