Introducing a picture so lifelike, it's like looking through a window. Images appear with natural color transitions and each scene in everything you watch shows crisp, clear detail. HD movies, sports, even YouTube® clips and home movies burst off the screen with astonishing detail and color. Sony's X-Reality PRO picture engine draws on its extensive reality database to display more color, clarity and detail in every image.
X-tended Dynamic Range for up to 2x brightness range2
Sonys exclusive X-tended Dynamic Range technology produces contrast beyond comparison. Youll get unprecedented brightness and deeper detail even in the brightest whites or darkest blacks on the screen to deliver a truly brilliant picture quality.2
In the image shown, notice the difference in detail of the dark buildings combined with the brightness of the city lights. The difference certainly is dynamic.
More brilliant expanded color
Spoil yourself with the widest color spectrum weve ever offered on a television. Unique to Sony, TRILUMINOS Display technology creates incredibly true, natural shades of colorsjust the way you want them. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with natural skin tones. Its all thanks to a TRILUMINOS display that uses more colors to produce a more vibrant picture.
Color, clarity & detail at their best
Suddenly, everything looks better. All of your existing sports, TV shows and movies are upscaled to super clear quality. Even YouTube® clips and smartphone videos are enhanced with stunning results. The X-Reality PRO picture engine analyzes and processes every image to refine color, clarity and detail for a beautifully natural picture.
Iconic TV design with large speakers & enhanced sound
A new angle on TV design allows for larger speakers and enhanced sound capabilities over traditional LED televisions. The iconic design works with traditional wall mounts, and the adjustable TV stand accommodates large or small tables.
Experience precise motion clarity.
Golf balls roll clearly, with less blurring, as the camera follows them across the green. Footballs retain their detail and move smoothly as the camera quickly pans down the field during kickoff. Even fast moving action sequences like fight scenes appear amazingly realistic since Motionflow XR 480 takes motion clarity beyond refresh rates, which are only measured in Hz, to double the motion effect for lifelike clarity.
Flick. Find. Fast.
Discover a faster way to watch what you want with One-Flick Entertainment. Flick through TV channels, recommended videos, photos on your network, or even Internet content like YouTube®, Crackle, or Video Unlimited using the optional One-Flick remote control with touchpad.4 Even better, you can find your favorite content instantly with quick TV start-up and speedy app launch.
Watch together, even while apart.
With Social Viewing you can watch TV, follow tweets and Skype® with the built-in camera all at the same time. You can enjoy sports, TV shows, or movies with your friends and family even if you are not together. Add your Skype video chat to the TV screen and cheer together when your favorite team scores. To add tweets on screen, choose a hashtag, and see comments relating to your show flow across the screen.3
HD wireless streaming3
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the Internet or your home network using built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity with ease.3
Open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always on tap. By connecting to the Internet you can access Full 1080p HD entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Netflix®, Pandora®, YouTube®, Facebook® and more.
- PlayStation Now ready - PS3® gaming1, 3
- X-tended Dynamic Range for up to 2x brightness range2
- TRILUMINOS Display w/ more brilliant expanded colors
- Color, clarity & detail at their best with X-Reality PRO
- Iconic TV design w/ large speakers & enhanced sound
- Experience precise motion clarity with Motionflow XR 480
- Quick One-flick to home menu, online videos & services4
- Social TV follow tweets and watch TV at the same time3
- HD wireless streaming3
- Anticipated service availability Fall 2014. Broadband internet connection required. Additional purchases and registration required; service not available in all areas. See us.playstation.com/PlayStationNow for details.
- Brightness range refers to the range between dark and light levels. Compared to conventional LED TVs.
- Broadband speed of at least 5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Skype is subject to Skype's terms and conditions.
- Optional One-flick remote (RMF-YD003) required, sold separately.
What's in the Box:
- 3D Glasses x 2 (TDG-500P)
- Table Top Stand (separate, assembly required)
- Touchpad Remote Control (RMF-YD003)
- Remote Control (RM-YD102)
- AC Power Cord (Pigtail)
- Batteries (R03)
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Card