A statement in picture and sound.
Its quite simply the most immersive, highest-resolution TV experience possible. Sonys premium 4K Ultra HD TV boasts four times the clarity of HD1
, more brilliant expanded color and up to two times the brightness range of standard LED HDTVs. Breathtaking detail is depicted with pinpoint accuracy for the most natural images. The TRILUMINOS display produces the widest color spectrum we've ever offered in a TV. Best of all, youll enjoy Sonys exclusive X-tended Dynamic Range local dimming technology for up to 2x the brightness range with deeper blacks than before.
Four times clearer than HD
The 4K Ultra HD screen contains over 8 million individual pixels1
that transform everything you watch into a life-like experience. Advanced picture processing also ensures that every single pixel displays images with superb brightness and authentic detail.
Upscale everything you watch to 4K Ultra HD
Suddenly, everything looks better. All of your existing HD sports, TV shows and movies are upscaled to super clear 4K quality.2
Even YouTube® clips and smartphone videos are enhanced with stunning results.2
The 4K X-Reality PRO picture engine analyzes and processes every image to refine color, clarity and detail for a beautifully natural picture.
Up to 2x brightness means contrast beyond comparison
Sonys exclusive X-tended Dynamic Range technology produces contrast beyond comparison. Youll get the peak brightness that LED TVs are known for as well as deeper blacks previously only associated with Plasma TVs. Keeping the light areas bright while keeping blacks truly black is called widening dynamic range. In the image shown, notice the difference in detail of the dark buildings combined with the brightness of the city lights. The difference certainly is dynamic.
More brilliant expanded color
Spoil yourself with the widest color spectrum weve ever offered on a television. Unique to Sony, TRILUMINOS Display technology creates incredibly true, natural shades of colorsjust the way you want them. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with natural skin tones. Its all thanks to a TRILUMINOS display that uses more colors to produce a more vibrant picture.
Wedge Sound worthy of the picture
It begins with the physical shape of the TV. The Wedge creates extra space at the bottom of the TV for larger speakers and built-in subwoofers. And larger speakers mean richer sound, deeper bass, and louder volume, so youll hear every hit in a football game and feel the pounding music in a chase scene.
The most feature films in 4K
Add a Sony 4K Ultra HD Media Player (FMP-X10, sold separately) for exclusive access to the Video Unlimited 4K service, which hosts the largest selection of feature films and TV episodes in 4K Ultra HD for the home.6
Choose to download new releases and classic films for rental or purchase.4, 6
Or choose from a vast library of included 4K videos.
The future of 4K Entertainment is here
Sony's 2014 4K Ultra HD TVs are optimized to support new codecs that are needed for a variety of current and forthcoming 4K video services including Netflix and Video Unlimited 4K.4
There's also 500px for viewing breathtaking professional photos in 4K and PlayMemories Online to share your personal photos. Lastly, they also support the latest HDMI® to connect external media players (sold separately), and 4K/60p playback for viewing 4K sports in the future.
Find everything faster.
An even faster way to find what you want. With One-Flick on the remote you can instantly pull up a short cut menu that lets you navigate to your favorite TV channels, networked photos, and online videos from YouTube®, Crackle, and Video Unlimited.4
Watch together, even while apart.
With Social Viewing you can watch TV, follow tweets and Skype® with the built-in camera all at the same time. You can enjoy sports, TV shows, or movies with your friends and family even if you are not together. Add your Skype® video chat to the TV screen and cheer together when your favorite team scores. To add tweets on screen, choose a hashtag, and see comments relating to your show flow across the screen.4
Tired of the watching TV that cant keep up with real life movements? Sonys Refresh Rate Technology allows fast moving action sequences in movies and sports to be lifelike and smooth. Every movementlike seeing the football flip end to end on a kickoffappears with true, fluid motion and minimal judder.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the TV, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own.9
Control your TV with your smartphone or tablet
Watch TV the fast and fun way with TV SideView. Control the TV or browse the channel guide with your smartphone or tablet device (Android or iOS), all without interfering with what youre watching on the TV. Learn more about the show youre watching right now, like cast and episode details, or search other channels, internet videos and even Netflix. Theres even an easy way to live-tweet during your favorite shows.8
- HD is upscaled to 4K Ultra HD1, 2
- Netflix, now streaming 4K Ultra HD4
- X-tended Dynamic Range for up to 2x brightness range3
- More brilliant expanded color with TRILUMINOS display
- Powerful Front-facing speakers and built-in subwoofers
- Future ready supports next gen 4K players/services
- Social TV follow tweets, Skype® & watch TV all at once4
- Stream PS3® games directly to your TV5
- Experience precise motion clarity w/ Motionflow XR 960
- Quick One-flick to home menu, online videos & services
- Your smartphone screen on TV w/ NFC screen mirroring9
- Wireless streaming - movies, music & apps4
- Enjoy 3D with 2 pairs of glasses included7
- TV SideView app to control your TV and channel guide8
- See more details in your DSLR photos (8MP+) with 4K resolution1
- 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
- Simulated 4K image will vary based on source content.
- Compared to standard LED HDTVs
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Skype service subject to Skype's terms and conditions.
- Anticipated service availability Fall 2014. Broadband internet connection required. Additional purchase and registration required; service not available in all areas. See us.playstation.com/PlayStationNow for details.
- The Sony 4K Ultra HD Media Player with Video Unlimited 4K service is exclusively compatible with Sony 4K Ultra HD TVs. Fees may apply for Video Unlimited 4K service. Largest collection for home distribution as of 2/15/14. Download times will vary and may require several hours for completion.
- Requires 3D content, 3D player and HDMI® cable (at least 10.2 Gbps) sold sep.
- Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
- Requires compatible Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Xperia smartphone. Certain formats are not supported. The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
What's in the Box:
- Touchpad Remote Control (RMF-YD003)
- Remote Control (RM-YD102)
- 3D Glasses x 2 (TDG-500P)
- Table Top Stand (attached)
- Port Replicator
- Batteries x 2 (R03)
- AC Power Cord (Pigtail)
- IR Blaster
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Card