Description of manhattan 525572:
Maximize the Wireless Potential of Your Netbook, Laptop or Desktop PC
The Manhattan Wireless 1200AC Dual-Band USB Adapter helps you connect your netbook, laptop or desktop computer to a home or office dual-band wireless network. Capable of handling lightning-fast speeds of 867 Mbps*, this USB adapter is ideal for high-demand applications like transferring large files, streaming HD video, using Cloud-based programs, making VoIP calls and playing online multiplayer games. Advanced MIMO antenna technology ensures wireless signal range and fidelity, while integrated Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) prioritizes traffic for optimized bandwidth use.
Upgrade Your Wireless
You might not be aware of this, but many netbooks and laptops dont use the latest wireless network standard Wireless N as a standard feature, and almost none have built-in dual-band wireless capability. This means most portable PC users arent getting the wireless experience that they expect or deserve. The Manhattan Wireless 1200AC Dual-Band SuperSpeed USB Adapter gives your PCs wireless capabilities a total upgrade, allowing you to quickly and easily connect to a 300 Mbps* 2.4 GHz or up to 867 Mbps* 5 GHz wireless network for enhanced performance and for work or play.
* Data throughput rate will vary depending upon network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, electromagnetic interference and network overhead.
Super-Simple Setup and Security
The Wireless 1200AC Dual-Band USB Adapter Incorporates the latest in wireless security technology for your safety and peace-of-mind. It features WPA and WPA2 advanced encryption protocols and lets you connect to a Wireless network at the touch of a button quickly and easily thanks to the integrated Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) function **.
Congestion? Not Here!
Dual-band wireless lets you move your high-bandwidth applications from the cluttered 2.4 GHz band (the one used by everything from tablets to garage door openers) to the uncongested 5 GHz band. So, you can use the 2.4 GHz band for your everyday tasks like surfing the Internet, sending e-mail or updating your status on social media sites, while the 5 GHz band is reserved for heavy-duty traffic like HD-quality video streaming, online gaming, video chat or VoIP calling - and at 867 Mbps Wireless AC link speed, it's faster than everything you've ever experienced before.
Easy to Setup and Backwards Compatible
The Wireless 1200AC Dual-Band USB Adapter connects to your PC via any available USB port and the Intellinet Quick Install Wizard gets you up and running in minutes. Its integrated flip-up antenna helps eliminate Wi-Fi blind spots and environmental signal interference**. And, because it is backward compatible with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n, you can connect to virtually any network or public hotspot at the fastest speed possible.
** Router must support WPS to use this feature.
- Connects your desktop or laptop PC to a wireless network
- Dual-band operation provides twice the bandwidth and less interference
- Ideal for streaming HD-quality video, playing online games, downloading large files and making VoIP calls
- Easily secure your network connection with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Very high transfer data rate up to 867 Mbps (5 GHz) or 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Complies with 5 GHz IEEE 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards
- Supports WMM (IEEE 802.11e QoS standard) prioritizing bandwidth for multi-media applications
- Supports WEP (64/128 bit), WPA and WPA2 data encryption
- Super-Speed USB 3.0 5 Gbps interface
- Supports Software AP function (turns your wireless client into a wireless access point)
- Adjustable foldaway antenna for optimum Wi-Fi performance
- Supports the most popular operating systems: Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7/8
- Works best with Manhattan Wireless 1200AC Dual-Band Gigabit Router (525480)
- Three-Year Warranty
What's in the Box:
- Range+ 1200AC Dual-Band Wireless Adapter
- Quick installation guide
- Setup CD with user manual