The heart of your system.
Stream crisp, powerful audio with built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and Airplay®. With 7.2 channels and 150 watts of power, its legendary Sony® sound that really connects. Featuring 4k resolution pass-through, high-res audio compatibility, 6 HD inputs and a new intuitive graphical interface, this receiver brings out the best in your music, Blu-ray movies, games and more.
7.2 Ch. Of Power
150W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance. (165W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD). Added amplifier functionality allows for configuration flexibility including: speakers A or B, speakers A and B, in addition to Bi-Amp should the scenario call for it.
Built for sound
Employing construction and circuitry design cues from our ES line, it all begins with a rigid chassis based on the legendary frame and beam concept. To this structure, we then mount: a high capacity power transformer, custom heat sink, and other specially designed and selected audio-grade components that add up to class leading sound quality sound.
Wirelessly connect to your home network and access music stored on: your computer, network storage device, smartphone, or built-in music services15
. Also AirPlay® compatible, you can easily stream your music from your iPhone®/iPod® Touch, iPad® or iTunes® along with compatible music Apps like Spotify and iHeart Radio.
Bluetooth® Built-in with NFC One Touch Listening3
Stream and control your Bluetooth® audio experience with compatible music devices, smartphone, tablet, or computer3
, And digital music players. Built-in AAC and aptX® codec support avoids signal quality loss when streaming music wirelessly.
Advanced on-screen graphical user interface
Easily set-up and control the A/V receiver via intuitive on-screen graphical user interface. Change inputs, adjust settings, and confirm volume levels on-screen.
High-Resolution Audio playback
Hi-Resolution audio playback is compatible with high bit rates up to 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC. Additional supported file formats include: MP3, AAC, WMA, ALAC, and AIFF. Simply connect the compatible device to the receiver and enjoy2
. And with Sony proprietary D.L.L. (Digital Legato Linear) technology, you can enjoy your favorite digital audio files in high-quality brilliance.
Dedicated 32-bit DSD DAC processing
FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters are ideal for performing DSD signal D/A conversion. Conventional FIR filters generally process high-speed data strings at 64fs (fs=2.8MHz) with roughly 22 to 23-bit accuracy, leaving a need for a dedicated device. Enter the Sony 32-bit DSD DAC using a specially-developed algorithm that delivers genuine 32-bit resolving power for crystal clear audio conversion.
5 HDMI® Inputs
Make the most of your HDMI®-equipped, high definition video and audio capable devices: Sony® PlayStation® entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc player, or any other device with 5 HDMI® inputs (up to 4K capable6
. For added personalization, you can also reassign inputs.
Access and enjoy music streaming at its very best-the latest from Spotify®, Pandora®, Music Unlimited, and tunein.
Pure Direct mode preserves signal clarity and detail by switching off unnecessary signal processing circuitry to provide the cleanest possible signal path with minimized electronic interference.
Smartphone connectivity via MHL
Directly connect your smartphone via an MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) certified HDMI® cable and let your favorite personal video clips, music, and more loose on the big screen complete with big sound. MHL also supports the charging of connected devices.
4K video upscaling
Maximize image quality for non-4K connected video sources up to 4K quality. The STR-DN850 allows native 4K video content pass through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality6
Control with your iPhone® or Android devices with free Apps
Download the free SongPal Remote app from iTunes® or the Google Play Store and use your iPhone® or Android devices with the SongPal app to control receiver functionality including volume, input selection and streaming music apps8
Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through
Enjoy convenient access to all of your HDMI® connected devices without having to power on the receiver4
HDMI® Audio Return Channel support
Eliminate unnecessary cables. With ARC, TV audio signal can be transmitted back to your receiver through the same HDMI® cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV9
Compatible with Blu-ray 3D movies, video games and other 3D content11
24p True Cinema (pass-through)
Watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p compatible HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation® gaming console via HDMI® cable12
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod® or iPhone® while charging your device through the front USB input5
. Easily connect compatible, portable devices including: AndroidTM smartphones, iPod®/iPhones®, digital music players, and even USB thumb drives or hard drives.
Stop missing out on dynamic movie sound effects when you need to keep the at volume low levels. Sound Optimizer delivers optimized sound effect reproduction while maintaining the intended sound stage at high or low volume levels.
HD Digital Cinema SoundTM with front-High speakers
Optimize your receiver settings to mimic movie theater sound characteristics. Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for improved effects positioning and added depth. Imagine as a helicopter descends from above and lands right in front of you youll hear the change in height as the effect unfolds on-screen.
Sony® Sound field technology
Experience the emotion of a live performance in your very own home when you embrace legendary Sony® engineering expertise.
Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration - Quick Speaker Set Up
Quickly and easily maximize your in-home theater experience via the newly improved Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration feature. During setup, place the included microphone where you will be seated and wait as the settings are automatically optimized based on the distance, placement of your speakers.
BRAVIA® Sync Capable (HDMI® CEC)
Conveniently operate and control select Sony® BRAVIA® Sync devices with one remote including: Sony® Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA® HDTVs, Sony home theater products15
- 7.2 Channel 1050W A/V Receiver (150W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%)
- Optimized components and circuitry for fine-tuned audio response
- Built-in Wi-Fi® with DLNA and Airplay® capability1
- Enhanced usability via rich GUI and streamlined remote
- Supports high-resolution file playback via HDMI®2
- Bluetooth® Audio Streaming with NFC One-Touch listening and aptX®3
- Flexible HDMI® connectivity with 5 inputs and 1 outputs4
- Built-in Internet Music Services including: Pandora®, Spotify®, and more2
- Enjoy high quality sound playback with 2 HDMI® inputs optimized for sound
- Enjoy rich, dynamic sound at any volume level with Sound Optimizer
- Enjoy personal, smartphone content via MHL connectivity (x1)5
- Supports 4K upscaling6 and pass-through with support for 60p, 4K content7
- Easy control and enhanced functionality via iPhone® or Android devices with SongPal App8
- Instantly play music from mobile device with Wake from standby
- HDMI® Audio Return Channel for playback of TV audio9
- Front USB for iPod®/iPhone® playback and charging10
- HD Digital Cinema Sound with Front-High speakers
- Experience memorable performances with Sony®Sound Field Technology
- Advanced Digital Cinema Audio Calibration for quick Set-Up
- Supports 3D pass-through11
- Supports 24p True Cinema pass-through12
- Dolby® TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts® HD Enhanced Audio Codecs13
- BRAVIA® Sync for multi-device control w/ one remote14
- Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended).
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately.
- Cable sold separately.
- 4k upscaling requires a 4K projector or 4K TV.
- Requires capable HDTV, capable video source, and HDMI® cable sold sep. When playing copyright protected content from Sony 4K server, it is necessary to use a separate HDMI® audio out from server to receiver for surround sound support.
- Application must be downloaded from the iTunes® application store or Google Play store. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network. Subject to app terms and conditions.
- Requires HDTV and HDMI® cable sold separately.
- Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete details.
- Requires 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D glasses and HDMI® cable (at least 10.2 Gbps).
- Requires HDMI® cable sold separately.
- Requires HDMI® cable and LPCM capable receiver.
- Syncs with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync products.
- Requires content stored on a DLNA® compliant PC or server.