Color, Clarity and Detail at Their Best
Introducing a picture so lifelike, it's like looking through a window. Images appear with natural color transitions and each scene in everything you watch shows crisp, clear detail. HD movies, sports, even YouTube clips and home movies burst off the screen with astonishing detail and color. Sony's X-Reality PRO picture engine draws on its extensive reality database to display more color, clarity and detail in every image.
Moves Like Real Life
Golf balls roll clearly, with less blurring, as the camera follows them across the green. Footballs retain their detail and move smoothly as the camera quickly pans down the field during kickoff. Even fast moving action sequences like fight scenes appear amazingly realistic since Motionflow XR 480 takes motion clarity beyond refresh rates, which are only measured in Hz, to double the motion effect for lifelike clarity.
Hear What You've Been Missing
Make what you hear as lifelike and clear as what you see via Sony's ClearAudio+. With a simple selection, easily fine-tune your TV sound to create an exquisite, emotionally engaging experience that surrounds you. Hear every detail of the music, dialogue and sound effects with greater clarity and separation that truly immerses you in the action on the screen.
Go Beyond Cable with Built-in Wi-Fi
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the Internet or your home network using built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity with ease. Open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always on tap. Access Full 1080p HD entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Netflix®, Pandora®, YouTube, Facebook® and more1
Discover Sony Entertainment Network: Flick. Find. Fast.
Discover a faster way to watch what you want with One-Flick Entertainment. Flick through TV channels, recommended videos, photos on your network, or even Internet content like YouTube, Crackle, or VideoUnlimited using the optional One-Flick remote control with touchpad2
. Even better, you can find your favorite content instantly with quick TV start-up and speedy app launch.
Photo Sharing Fun
Gather your friends and family around the TV and experience the ultimate in picture swapping fun with Photo Share. Using your TV, a compatible Android1
or iOS device2
and your home wireless network, pass and share photos from your phone to the TV for everyone to see. Up to 10 people can then transfer the photo from the TV to their phones, tablets or other device, and share their own to keep the fun flowing3
The Difference is Dynamic
It's all about perfecting a natural look. Sony's Dynamic Edge LED backlighting with frame dimming delivers pitch-black night scenes and illuminates bright scenes. Rather than illuminating the entire screen, contrast is boosted in just the right areas for a more realistic picture.
Watch with the World
Experience the fun together: enhance your TV enjoyment by following tweets from around the world with Social Viewing. Just choose your hashtag, and see comments relating to the show you're watching flow across the screen1
. TV has never been so social. And, using an optional camera, you can add Skype® video on the screen at the same time to watch games together from nearly anywhere in the world1
- Color, clarity and detail at their best with X-Reality PRO
- Lifelike movement with Motionflow XR 480
- Loud, clear surround sound and dialogue with Clear Audio+ technology
- Stream HD entertainment wirelessly with built-in Wi-Fi®1
- Customize shortcuts for quick access to online videos2
- Follow tweets, Skype with friends and watch TV all at once1
- Anticipated service availability Fall 2014. Broadband internet connection required. Additional purchases and registration required; service not available in all areas. See us.playstation.com/PlayStationNow for details.
- Broadband speed of at least 5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended).
- Smartphone or tablet must have Wi-FI® connectivity and an internet browser.
- Table stand converts to wall mount accessory but is not a VESA standard. VESA adaptor (part 448584401) is not included but can be purchased from Sony Parts at 1-800-488-Sony (7669).
What's in the Box:
- 3D Glasses x 2 (TDG-BT400A)
- Remote Control (RM-YD102)
- AC Power Adaptor
- AC Power Cord (C7)
- Table Top Stand (separate, assembly required)
- Batteries (R03)
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Card