Renew Your Creative Soul
Photo enthusiasts rejoice! The new flagship of the spectacular Rebel Line, the EOS Rebel T5i, is here to renew your artistic side with amazing imaging features and full-featured functionality. Users will be impressed at how simple and intuitive it is to create breathtaking photos with ease. The incredible image quality and performance starts with an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and Canon's superb DIGIC 5 Image Processor. Combined with an extensive ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode), the EOS Rebel T5i boasts crisp, detailed images, even in low-light situations. A continuous shooting speed of up to 5.0 fps allows for fast action capture. 9 cross-type AF focus points help ensure crisp focus throughout the frame, and the Hybrid CMOS AF system enables speedy and accurate autofocus when shooting in Live View mode. In addition, the camera is compatible with Canon STM lenses for smooth, quiet AF performance. And the performance doesn't stop with photos. EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF makes shooting high quality movies easy, and the brilliant Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II makes composing fun. Seven Creative Filters, now viewable in real time, puts composition control directly in your hands and is just one of the many features of the EOS Rebel T5i that is sure to renew your creative soul.
Amazing Capture and Processing Power.
18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
The EOS Rebel T5i features Canon's amazing 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor. Perfect for enlargements or for cropping detailed portions of the composition, the camera's sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range. This first-class sensor features many of the same technologies used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light-gathering efficiency and has center pixels that aid in the EOS Rebel T5i's accurate AF performance. This APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).
14-bit A/D Conversion
With 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion, the EOS Rebel T5i captures and records images with remarkable gradations and detail in subtle tones and colors, resulting in more realistic and detailed images. By recording up to 16,384 colors per channel, the EOS Rebel T5i ensures that the fine detail found in subjects like foliage, sky and water are preserved and recorded with a tremendous level of accuracy, ensuring gorgeous results.
ISO 100-12800 and expandable to 25600 in H mode
Thanks to its DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the EOS Rebel T5i features an expanded ISO range of ISO 100 (expandable to 25600 in H mode) that makes shooting possible in situations previously unthinkable without flash. The EOS Rebel T5i, with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor's remarkable noise-reduction technology, performs brilliantly in low-light shooting. Used with one of Canon's EF or EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer, the EOS Rebel T5i can record beautiful images even when light sources are scarce.
DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The EOS Rebel T5i's DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the camera's CMOS sensor to deliver images with incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. With the power of the DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the EOS Rebel T5i can achieve higher ISO sensitivity, can shoot up to 5.0 fps continuously and can even perform advanced functions like HDR Backlight Control, art filters, lens correction and much more. The camera's brilliant imaging core supercharges every facet of still and moving image capture.
The Speedy Rebel!
High-speed continuous shooting
The EOS Rebel T5i can shoot up to 5.0 frames per second, continuously. Thanks to the enhanced shutter mechanism, mirror drive and camera sensor, the EOS Rebel T5i is ready for action; whether capturing that perfect expression, the game's winning goal, or the bride walking down the aisle, the EOS Rebel T5i delivers the speed and performance to guarantee results.
Enhanced AF Systems Tailored for Perfect Stills and Video.
Exceptional autofocus performance and Hybrid CMOS AF
The EOS Rebel T5i is equipped with AF features that ensure speedy, accurate and continuous AF every time. When shooting through the viewfinder, the EOS Rebel T5i has advanced autofocus with a 9-point, all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point) for accurate focus whether the camera is oriented in portrait or landscape position. An AI Servo AF system achieves and maintains consistent focus with an exceptional degree of reliability.
The EOS Rebel T5i also features Canon's amazing Hybrid CMOS AF System, perfect for shooting photos and video in Live View. This system combines two distinct AF technologies, phase and contrast detection AF, for speedier and more accurate focus. These complementary focusing systems are aided by pixels on the camera's CMOS sensor that assist in predicting subject location, making continuous focus tracking quick and accurate in video recording while enhancing focusing speed.
True HD Performance, Rebel Simplicity.
EOS Full HD Movie Mode with Movie Servo AF
The EOS Rebel T5i offers easy-to-use, professional video capture without compromise. Capable of shooting in a number of recording sizes and frame rates, the EOS Rebel T5i is the new standard for performance, quality and simplicity. The EOS Rebel T5i enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View features, even in-camera editing! Movie Servo AF allows continuous autofocus tracking of moving subjects while recording video. When shooting video with one of Canon's STM lenses, such as the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Movie Servo AF takes advantage of the lens' stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous AF. With an STM lens attached, the EOS Rebel T5i is the standard for SLR moviemaking performance!
Built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment
The EOS Rebel T5i has an internal stereo microphone for improved audio capture and a wind filter feature to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors. Sound recording levels can be manually (up to 64 different levels) or automatically controlled. A built-in attenuator is also provided to reduce audio clipping. For more advanced audio recording, the EOS Rebel T5i is compatible with many third-party electret condenser microphones with a 3.5mm diameter plug.
With the Video Snapshot feature, the EOS Rebel T5i can capture short video clips (of 2, 4 or 8 seconds) then combine them automatically into one video file as a snapshot or highlights "album". With no editing needed after shooting, the compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying directly on an HDTV via the camera's HDMI port. Additionally, stills can be recorded during video shooting simply by pressing the camera's shutter button. During playback, video clips in an album can be reordered or deleted.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture the action.
- 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point) for exceptional autofocus performance when shooting with the viewfinder and Hybrid CMOS AF increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and movies in Live View.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded movie shooting options.
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers expertly optimized photos and offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Expand your creativity with advanced imaging features like Handheld Night Scene mode, HDR Backlight Control mode, and seven Creative Filters that can be displayed in real time during Live View shooting.
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving precious detail at high ISO speeds.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.