Description of Pioneer TSA6985 / TS-A6985R:
Absolute fidelity to musical sources takes form from speakers that reproduce the ambience in which sounds originate. Stage size, musicians movement, aural reflection and other distinctive details all bring these sounds to life. Pioneer A-Series speakers are available in 2-way component packages or coaxial designs in multiple sizes that fit most vehicles.
Various materials were carefully combined to develop a diaphragm of extra lightness and rigidity to reproduce sound clearly with outstanding responsiveness sensitivity and a suitable degree of internal loss. The new A-Series speakers feature a multilayer mica matrix cone where a surface containing mica properly maintains the cones superior rigidity and internal loss while another layer makes excellent use of light, water-resistant material.
For a smooth off-axis response, the TS-A6985R speakers include a soft dome tweeter/midrange driver utilizing a wave guide enclosure. The design enables mid and high frequencies to be projected in a uniform and wide dispersion pattern, resulting in a smooth on- and off-axis response.
The fiber in the diaphragm is optimized to balance lightness and rigidity, so that it achieves outstanding sound propagation with high sensitivity, speed and responsiveness.The large magnet greatly enhances drivability of the diaphragm and ensures that sound is reproduced with impressive power.
- 550 Watts Max Power (100 Watts Nominal)
- New Multilayer Mica Matrix Cone Design for Optimum Sound Reproduction and Responsiveness
- Soft Dome Tweeter with Wave Guide for Increased Sensitivity
- Smooth off-axis response
- Heat-resistant voice coil wire for heat dissipation and durability to withstand high input power
- New grille design
What's in the Box:
- Two 4-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 12" lengths of speaker wire (female quick slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Flat washers
- Warranty information
- Installation instructions and cutout template on box