Description of Apple MC904 / MC904LL/A:
Fun was built into every millimeter of the new thinner, lighter iPod touch. It does more than ever, more powerfully than ever, from playing games to playing music to just playing around. And everything looks tremendous on the 4-inch Retina display.
For the first time, iPod touch is made from the same kind of anodized aluminum used in the MacBook line. And its made the same way too: By machining the enclosure from a single piece of aluminum. The first thing you'll notice about iPod touch is its barely-there weight. Then its supersmooth finish. Then all those Apple details like the highly polished beveled edges. And iPod touch is made from one of the strongest grades of aluminum there is. Which means that it not only looks and feels incredible, its tough enough to tag along on more than a few crazy nights out.
The new Retina display got taller but not wider. That means everything you do on iPod touch can remain a one-handed operation, and your thumb gets more room to roam. The display is also more advanced, with finger-friendly Multi-Touch technology built into the glass instead of beneath it. So less gets between you and your games, music, messages whatever you love to see and do.
Some moments are just begging for a photo. Your best friends bizarro look-alike spotted on the street. An entire wall of graffiti art. A surreal-looking sunset. The iSight camera on iPod touch packs 5 megapixels seven times more than the previous generation and takes such great shots, you can ditch your point-and-shoot camera for good.
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen display with Multi-Touch IPS technology
- Retina display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 40 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 8 hours when fully charged
- Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80% capacity), full charge in about 4 hours
- Three-axis gyro
- Apple EarPods
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Maps: Location-based service
- Nike+ support built in