Description of Amazon PV5003 / B006ZZEUXM:
Reads Like Real Paper, No Glare Even in Bright Sunlight
Kindle uses an electronic ink screen that looks and reads like real paper. The matte screen reflects light like ordinary paper and uses no backlighting, so you can read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room. Unlike tablet screens, Kindle has no glare.
Lighter Than a Paperback
Less than 6 ounces, Kindle is lighter than most paperback books, and weighs half as much as many tablets, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand for extended periods of time.
One-Month Battery Life
Kindle also has the advantage of significantly lower power consumption than tablets. Kindle does not require power to maintain a page of text, allowing you to read for up to a month on a single charge, with wireless off and a half hour of reading per day, versus hours on a tablet or smart phone.
Sharp, Clear Text
Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp, print-like text similar to what you see in a physical book. The screen's 100% aperture ratio means no gaps between pixels. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving image quality.
Easy on the Eyes
Every time your eyes switch from a bright screen to a dimmer, ambient room, your eyes have to adjust, which may result in fatigue. With Kindle the page is the same brightness as everything else in the room so there's no adjustment needed.
Read in Any Position
When you read for long periods of time, you often switch positions to get more comfortable. Kindle has a uniform contrast ratio that does not change with your viewing angle, so you can read in any position.
- Less than 6 ounces - lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- 15% faster page turns
- New darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
- Reads like paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi
- Holds over 1,000 books - take your library wherever you go
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won't find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children's books and includes new parental controls
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library - with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all 7 Harry Potter books.