Description of JBL GTBASSPR012 / GT-BASSPRO12:
The easiest way to add high-output, low-distortion bass to any car audio system is with the JBL® GT-BassPro12 a powered subwoofer that pumps out car-rocking bass through a design so cool you wont want to hide it in your trunk. Simply put, its a complete subwoofer system for your vehicle. Its patented Slipstream port design delivers deep, bottom-end bass while minimizing port noise. Its woofer features improved motor-structure venting for thermal protection and a progressive spider to ensure superior mechanical reliability even at the highest output levels. Its amplifier delivers maximum power and the flexibility to connect to any factory-installed or aftermarket head unit. And with the systems included remote level control, which lets you adjust the bass level from the drivers seat, the only time youll need to stop is for gas.
- 12" (305mm) polypropylene cone: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer features a polypropylene cone and a rubber surround to provide superior reliability and cone resonance damping. All of that technology translates into tight, powerful, natural-sounding bass that may outlast your car.
- Built-in 150-watt amplifier: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer systems built-in amplifier is designed to complement its subwoofer for maximum performance. You wont have to worry about finding the right amp. Weve included it for you.
- Remote level control: Let the other guy have to stop and pop the trunk. The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofers remote level control lets you adjust the bass from the drivers seat, so you can enjoy your ride without interruption.
- Progressive spider: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofers progressive spider exerts control over the cones motion at high excursion for superior reliability even at the highest listening levels.
- Vented polepiece: The JBL® GT-Basspro12 powered subwoofers vented polepiece helps cool the subwoofers motor for improved power handling and lower power compression. That technology makes the JBL® GT-BassPro12 one cool subwoofer.
- Slipstream port: A proprietary Slipstream port is a special feature of the JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer. The ports dual flares form an adverse pressure gradient that eliminates port noise at high output noise that signals that the port is no longer able to pass enough air to operate effectively. The Slipstream port provides clean, distortion-free performance even at the highest output levels.
- Oversize, dual-stacked magnets: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer uses oversized, stacked magnets to increase magnetic flux for higher output and cone motion control, and room for high voice-coil excursion.
- Speaker-level and line-level inputs: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer has flexible connections that allow you to connect it to any car audio system.
- Automatic on/off function: The JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer automatically turns on when it senses a signal on the speaker level input, eliminating the need for a remote turn-on wire when the system uses the speaker level inputs. Whats more, the GT-BassPro12 will automatically turn itself off a few minutes after the signal stops.
- Oversized speaker-protection bars: Your JBL® GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer looks every bit as powerful as it sounds. Its speaker-protection bars help keep the woofer cone safe and project a sleek, muscular look.