Description of Nikon 55300MMVR / 2197 / 55-300MM VR:
All-in-one zoom for superb super-telephoto shooting
This powerful zoom lens lets DX-format D-SLR users reach 300mm super-telephoto with clarity and sharpness, thanks to built-in VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization. In addition, the new High Refractive Index (HRI) lensa first for the NIKKOR lineupachieves clear, high-contrast images at every aperture and focal length yet contributes to making the lens body slim and compact. A practical, versatile lens, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is ideal for those who want a single lens that can handle just about any shooting opportunitiy.
A view from afar
Super-telephoto capability in a compact lens
The compact AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR, with its High Refractive Index (HRI) lens element and 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements, lets you easily capture far off images, bringing all the action up close. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture.
Nikon technology for stunning photos
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR continues Nikons tradition of advancing imaging technology. In addition to VR II image stabilization, it features some of Nikons latest lens technologies: Nikons exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for precise, fast, ultra-quiet autofocus operation, Super Integrated Coating (SIC) for enhanced performance in low-light and minimizing ghosting and flare, Tripod Detection Mode for reducing vibrations during tripod shooting and more.
Nikon Vibration Reduction
Learn more about Nikons in-lens VR image stabilization which assures dramatically sharper still images and video capture when shooting handheld.
- Super-telephoto 5.5x zoom lens covering 55-300mm focal range (angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 82.5 to 450mm in FX/35mm format)
- Compact DX-format zoom lens with High Refractive Index (HRI) lens element, ED glass and VR II image stabilization
- Vibration Reduction (VR II) enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration for superior picture quality
- High Refractive Index (HRI) lens achieves high specifications and optical performance
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor(SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.