Description of Sony DSCW620R / DSC-W620/R:
Capture super framable picture quality and 720p HD video with ease. Use the 14.1MP sensor, 5X optical zoom, and 360 degree Sweep Panorama mode to create breathtaking images or record crisp action and sound in 720p HD video, even when zooming. Make taking pictures even more fun with Picture Effects, like Toy Camera and Pop Color mode. View everything on a generously sized 2.7" Clear Photo LCD screen, even in bright sunlight. Get great shots thanks to iAuto mode, Face Detection and Smile Shutter technologies, as well as Anti-blink, Face Priority and Red-eye Reduction functions.
- 720p AVI Movie Mode: In 720p AVI movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, a standard format when working with a PC.¹ Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac® computer. Once transferred to your computer and connected to the internet, you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket® and YouTube.
- 2.7 (230K dots) Clear Photo LCD display: Generous 2.7 (230K dots) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Smile Shutter technology: Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer: Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- 14.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor: A powerful 14.1 megapixel 1/2.3 Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- Face Detection technology: Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition mode: Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) mode automatically detects seven different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape and macro.
- Self-Portrait Timer: Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- Sweep Panorama mode (up to 360°): Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and up to 360° full circle, the camera can take a variety of panoramic shots. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- Intelligent Auto Mode: Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; all result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
- Soft Skin mode: Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Picture Effect for more expressive photos: Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes.